Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Am

I am white
White as the driven snow
White as the Whale
White as your brother’s face
that time he drank the H2O2

We laughed

I am American
American as apple pie
American as Eliot
American as your brother blown
bit to bit screaming for his god

We cried

I am a student
Studious as privilege
Studious as Caulfield
Studious as those college boys
being peaceful patriots

We thought

I am human
Human as reason
Human as the Christ
Human as Prometheus bound
bowels bread for birds

We died. 

7 comments:

William Michaelian said...

Wonderful poem!

vazambam (Vassilis Zambaras) said...

It is indeed!

~im just only me~ said...

Thanks to both of you :)

don't be emily said...

Love the thought that went into it.And anything that mentions Prometheus is great. :) Love it. You're on a roll lately.

~im just only me~ said...

lol yes, I agree with the Prometheus thing... wait, is this a ploy for me to praise your blog! I won't have it! :P

RUDHI Rüscher said...

We died at your scissors-mind softly and satisfied... I'm white as Panda today;-)

solarjinx timetravels said...

Oh my.. I couldn't be more impressed! This is terrific.